The annual Karoo Youth Essay Contest (KYEC) supports the strategic objectives of Karoo, which are to –
- equip people to be Influential Leaders
- build eXcellence, and
- ensure a BETTER life for more people.
Write to Influence
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing about.
The 2019 Karoo Youth Essay Contest
closed for entries on 31.05.2019
The specific objectives of the KYEC included the follwoing:
- Familiarise younger South Africans with the concept and practice of Influential Leadership;
- Encourage South Africans to be influential leaders;
- Showcase youths’ writing prowess;
- Remind all South Africans of the power of the written word; and
- Enable a reculturalisation process to build a better country for more people.
The 2020 Contest will be announced early in 2010.
Courage, my friends; ’tis not too late to build a better world.
It’s choice – not chance – that determines your destiny.
Entry Ts & Cs
It’s not wise to violate rules until you know how to observe them.
T. S. Eliot
Each person is his own judge.
- Alignment with the defined theme and selected topic: 50%;
- Persuasiveness, creativity and originality of the story: 30%; and
- Flair and quality of writing: 20%.
Don’t wait for the last judgment – it takes place every day.
If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
Be it jewel or toy, not the prize gives the joy, but the striving to win the prize.
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential… these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.